Saturday, September 24, 2011

Welcome Friends!

This month marks my 2 year anniversary of eating a 100% plant-based diet. It was two years ago, this month, that I was working a busy shift and found myself standing outside a BBQ restaurant in Denver, CO. I was hungry and had very few guidelines for which to make decisions about what I ate. So I walked inside and ordered a sandwich... out came a "pulled pork" sandwich on white bread for $7. It smelled good....and as I drove away, I opened the sandwich and took my first bite of what would become my last taste of animal meat. What happened? The meat had pieces of knuckle and cartilage...chewy pieces of gristle and every piece I extracted with my fingers solidified something I already had in the back of my mind for several years. Disgusting? Yes. Thankful for that day? Hell yeah.

Welcome to Jerry's Kitchen.

A close friend invited me to evaluate his daily diet, take him shopping, and teach him new ways to prepare and enjoy food...I knew I would be spending a great deal of time helping him find success. So, after some thought, I thought my efforts would benefit others too in this format. Take what you want...leave the rest.

First off, I'm not a nutritionist and I don't claim to be. I'm simply going to talk about food, the recipes, products, and choices that guide my diet day-to-day life. I plan to keep posts short and to-the-point. My aim is simple...help you learn and grow like I have through the adaptation of my daily diet.

In health,

Chef Jer

No comments:

Post a Comment